Saturday, June 17, 2006

The maze, they called her mind...

She hated complex sentences because they were the most difficult to dissect during her grammar lessons in her graduation days. Yet, if she was to be defined in one word, it would be ‘complex’. Not only did it sound cool but also that was a fact as loud as Rohit Bal's gay status.She said she is not all that perfect. He said, let me decide that. She wanted to say, “…so that you just walk away later when you discover this face of mine…the one where I throw temper tantrums and PMS is not even an excuse, when I just give you a silent treatment for no ‘obvious’ reason, when in spite of being known for my ‘I-Care-Two-Hoots’ attitude, suddenly I decide to create an issue out of some comment you made on the way I talk???”Will you walk away when you see the monster in me raise the ugly head?Will you be the calm, reassuring you always, inspite of my grumpiness?Will you read my silence over a fight as the ‘don’t talk to me’ or will you see through the façade of a strong, pig-headed girl on her way to maturity, the only difference being, she’ll never be matured enough?Will you fume at the die-hard realist in me, you being optimism-personified?Will this phase of being mad about me, be just that – a phase?I don’t know what’s the right way of saying things, dressing-up, walking or talking. I, by some miracle of His Highness ( I meant, God, the superior highness, not you), managed to survive so long without really coming in anybody’s way. I wanted to live a life of invisibility. Being non-existent (anti-thesis at its peak) for others seemed to be my focus in life. At a time when girls were at their girly best, I was trying to fit in as the anti-fit, not because it was cool, but because that way I’ll not be expected to be perfect.I wonder if you know what you’ve invited upon yourself.I just don’t have the nerves to wonder aloud.You said I am surrounded by all negative energy. Then how come it attracted such a positive character? Take back your words. I just live in the real world...and if it happens to be a little negative, then so be it.

9 comments:

Sathish said...

mmmm... then?

Pappaya Pie said...

...then wat re? What's the question? OD a favour on the brevity-challenged pea-brain of mine and use more than a couple of words to express your disgust/concern/doubt. Thank you.

Sathish said...

Expect this to continue.... you never listened to stories? ... interesting ones...? mmmm?

Pappaya Pie said...

OMG...so that " then?" of yours was the one of a three yr old lil' boi, listening to his granny narrate the story of the beautiful princess with long hair, waiting for the knight in rusted armour?? OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhk. Chal, your laconic comments are forgiven now (:P)

Sathish said...

mmmm!... never expected a "then?" will lead to this much imagination!! Anyway, I still ask it, when listening to an interesting one...

Pappaya Pie said...

Well, my middle name is verbose...so i can't really manage your monosyllabic responses! Pls don't sue my imagination....whatever is left of it, that is.

Sathish said...

mmmm... sue?? never... was awe stuck..

Pappaya Pie said...

Woooo....i'm capable of inspiring awe in people, eh!?. Nice. SInce that was the focus of my life, i guess i'll just shut up now! :)

Pappaya Pie said...

celebrating too....cheers!
hic...