Monday, March 26, 2007

Letting go!

Why is it so difficult to let go of things/people/ideas/issues close to you? Why do they keep coming back to you like a recurring bad dream? Like it’s some chronic illness? Why do you keep hoping that maybe thinking a lot about it might bring respite, when all it does is hurt you a little more? I still miss my doll. I’ve had many before and after this particular one. I guess the amount of hurt depends on the way you lose something. Had I just dislocated its joint myself I wouldn’t have been so hurt. It was the fact that my then 3-year old neighbour took it for good.
No wonder people remain so hung over about a relationship gone sour. Knowing the fact that the person walked out owing to your inadequacies, tantrums, and sometimes, for no good reason at all. It’s the ego in us that doesn’t let us get over it. How could he do this to me? How could he not find my temper tantrums adorable? How can somebody just walk out on me?ME?
Because he/she is JUST a human being.

2 comments:

Sathish said...

:)

Anonymous said...

If only I could count the hours I have spent obsessing over the same thoughts...

Lakshmi Datta