Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Light lena yaar!


Read a post on a oft visited blog. *Oft visited* must say something about the content of the blog, the sensibility of the blogger and the place of the blogspot in my mind. And then I come across this post. An anti-'anti-valentines day’ post, written on The Valentines Day.

I’ll shove the spear up and down yours if you dare to cal l me a skeptic, cynic, pessimist and other hackneyed adjectives that often describe me and my thoughts.

OK, to begin with, I’m the one propagating freedom of speech and expression. I’m the one telling people to be more tolerant of other’s views. I’m the one asking people to show the middle finger (in your head, of course) to people who burn their fuel trying to change your mind. And THAT is precisely what I’m going to do here. Write about how silly it is to shout out anti V-day slogans and sillier to shout out anti-‘anti-V-day’ slogans.

What I do not understand is, how does it make a fuck’s difference to anyone if some boi / gurl decide to spend his /her/ well –earned dough on Hallmark /Archies cards and gifts? Let them. Why are you losing hair over it? Of course, I don’t have the balls to stand and confront the tigers and other cats of the world. I hate confrontations. Mostly because they do not drive home any point. And if the person is so dense so as to sweat over red roses and pink cards, then it’s anyway pointless confronting him/her/them.

Then comes the part wherein the morning newspapers to the evening tabloids waste good news space by sensationalizing something that makes absolutely no sense. The over-the-top views of the so-called-forward lot, will be exaggerated even more. Then the ‘educated’ and the ‘broadminded’ people focus on how the different variety of cats should mind their business, if they have any, and how we should pave way for globalization and westernization and what nots. Bah!

Light lena yaar!

If somebody has enough brains, they’ll in turn write a mail pulling my ears for writing this piece of gyan, which is obviously falling on deaf ears. Again, if they have enough brains, they’ll just take it light and ignore this. Now that’s the lot I want to meet. Digression , that was. Coming back to the topic, why oh why, doth the junta lose cool and why oh why do thou get so melodramatic and why oh wh….ouch….hey hey hey….chill. You want me to take it light? I will. Hmph!

No comments: