Sunday, May 14, 2006

My account of ‘the lesser evil’

An egotist. A misnomer to humility. Double-entendre personified with a perverted sense of humour, humour neverthesless. That’s what he is made of. That’s not all, but thats the chunk of the substance he is made of.
One ought to be a masochist to like his company. A good friend nevertheless.
The first time i bumped into him, was in the cyber world, with quite a few hundred kilometres cushioning the verbal lashings exchanged. If the first impression was to be the best impression, I wouldn’t have known enough about him to write what i am writing right now. Alliteration is my favourite figure of speech and I am known for going on tangents.
After the initial rigourously annoying period of “ASL please” and “how the @#$% does ASL matter?” we got onto talking.
A Talk: chit-chat, discussion, conversation, dialogue, dsicourse, says Oxford Thesaurus.
So we chatted about my love for books, his love for flying, my strong dislike for giggly girls, his dislike for the girls who have a strong dislike for giggly girls and much more. The difference was so obvious that we couldnt help agreeing on the fact that we differed so much.
Quite unfathomable, very judgemental, almost believes that it is his social, moral responsibility to pass a judgement on even a speck of dust. Again, it is better to be around severely prejudiced and opinionated ‘god’s gift to mankind’ than to be around mindless, opinionless imbeciles. I always believed in choosing from the lesser evil.
His focus in life seems to vex me unconditionally.
Got an eye for the pleasant things in life.
Easy to be around with.
Pain to have as an opponent.
A chivalrous gentleman on his way to uncouth behaviour.
I am a masochist.

About me, the lesser of the lesser evils...

Reminds me of the essays we were made to write as kids- my family, my favourite game blah blah and some more of blah. Cannot do that...not to save my life. I hate and love the unpredictability of life to almost the same extent. I hate and love the baggage that friends come along with. I hate and love the way my heart beats and the way my BP fluctuates evrytime I think that 'this is the one'. It's all about the ambiguity of situations...situations that make up life.

Colours, books, Chris Isaak, December rains, snow, laughter, solitude ( a big word, eh!), friends, babies, kaajal, grilled cheese chutney sandwich makes me exist beyond the very essential roti, kapda and makaan.

5 comments:

Sathish said...

still, they look very few?

Pappaya Pie said...

what does?

Sathish said...

reasons for existance..

Pappaya Pie said...

"few" being a very relative term....

Sathish said...

Yep.. still...