Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Troddenly yours!

You know at times people say that they completely flipped for something about a person. It could be his/her smile. It could be his/her eyes. I did too. Flip. FLIP, rather. Every single day I saw her, I flipped. Those dainty, little pedicured...er, manicured.... umm...whatever... 'taken care of' feet. I never could muster enough courage to start a conversation. It's not like she completely ignored me...it's just that I felt she looked at me or rather acknowledged my presence more out of compulsion than by choice.
Compulsion? You mean you put a gun to her head?
No, no, please don't get me wrong. I just happened to be there...let's call it fate.
As ever, she walked towards me, gave me a long thought upon look, took a deep breath, walked her fingers through the short cropped hair,looked at the skirt she was wearing, then looked at me…almost as if waiting for an approval from me. Sigh! Coming back to our lady in the skirt, she looked intently at me, looked away at my counterpart, I missed a couple of million heartbeats, look at me, please look at me, I’ve been lying here since the last time you wore the skirt…I’m the right shade of beige that goes with your white skirt, aahhhh…finally. I wish she wore the same white skirt everyday, at least I wouldn’t have to lie, desperately waiting for her to pick me from the shoe rack.

6 comments:

Sathish said...

Nice

Pappaya Pie said...

quite monosyllabic , eh?

Sathish said...

Ok.. enjoyed it...

Pappaya Pie said...

Oh, i'm touched...( i hope he can makeout a sarcasm)

Sathish said...

Who is he?

Pappaya Pie said...

duh!